- Do you want to know what the best-selling album of 2021 will be?
- This year saw the release of albums by a slew of music titans dropped; here’s a look at the numbers.
According to Billboard, Adele’s 30 sold 839,000 album-equivalent units in its first week. That debut Beat Drake’s Certified Lover Boy, which sold 613,000 albums in September. Taylor Swift’s re-release of Red (Taylor’s Version) has relegated to third place in 2021, with 605,000 album units.
Thirty also sold 692,000 actual album copies, edging out Taylor Swift as the queen of merch.
Surprisingly, Adele’s album sales were primarily on CD, leaving Taylor Swift the reigning vinyl queen. Thirty sold 378,000 CDs and 108,000 vinyl copies, with 205,000 digital album copies sold. The first-week album sales are impressive, but what will be the best-selling album in 2021?
According to Hits Daily Double, Morgan Wallen’s Dangerous: The Double Album is expected to be the best-selling album in 2021, with 3.2 million albums worldwide.
Dangerous: The Double Album has currently sold 2.8 million units worldwide. However, Adele’s 30 is poised for a slew of Black Friday deals and Christmas stocking stuffers.
As of November 2021, the best-selling album in 2021.
- Morgan Wallen | Dangerous: The Double Album – 2,820,000 sales
- Olivia Rodrigo | Sour – 2,448,000 sales
- Drake | Certified Lover Boy – 1,516,000 sales
- Pop Smoke | Shoot for the Stars Aim for the Moon – 1,349,000 sales
- Justin Bieber | Justice – 1,306,000 sales
- The Kid Laroi | F*ck Love – 1,288,000 sales
- Dua Lipa | Future Nostalgia – 1,246,000 sales
- Doja Cat | Planet Her – 1,179,000 sales
- The Weeknd | After Hours – 1,175,000 sales
Get Nova scotia and Canada’s top News, Latest News, and other News of the world only at the most trustable news website of Canada Novascotiajournal.com